Hi, everyone! Today I did a guest post for my friend and fellow teenage blogger Sophia at Sophia’s Sweets! Remember these S’more Brownies Sophia shared when I was up to my ears in AP studying? Now she’s in the same boat, … Continue reading
Hi, everyone. There really are no words to describe my feelings on the Boston Marathon bombings. The hatred that a person can feel, so strong that it’s a motivation to cause terror and deadly violence, is shocking. My heart and … Continue reading
Who here loves Take 5? I love Take 5. It is my favorite candy ever. Every Halloween I get about three Take 5 bars and steal about two more from my friends, then hoard them for the next month. And … Continue reading
Some exciting news: I’ve been nominated for two blog awards, the Super Sweet Blogger Award (by Carissa from At 350 Degrees) and the Liebster Award (by Summer from Mallow&Co)! I’m so honored and excited, since my blog is really young, so thank you with all my sugar filled heart! I have to do a little research and nominate a bunch of other bloggers, so look out for my post soon!
I thought I’d let everyone know a little more about me, if you’re new or if you’ve visited before.
I’m a junior in high school, and I’ve been baking since my freshman year. It’s become one of the best and most important things in my life, so much that I often neglect my history homework to make a cake instead. The best thing about baking for me is being able to make people happy. It’s incredible how some chocolate and a smile can impact a person’s day. Obviously, I don’t eat everything I make or I would weigh more than an elephant does, so I usually bring things in for my friends at school. I’ve been known to show up in English with cupcakes at least once a week, and to approach complete strangers in the hallway to offer them a cookie. Plus, I’m pretty sure I’m maintaining a decent average in Physics mostly because my teacher is a major fan of my baking.
My blog is just a baby at a month old, but the experience of blogging has already made me a more conscious and creative baker. I have lots of ideas for the future, starting with these seven layer bars! There are actually three names for this dessert: seven layer bars, magic cookie bars, and Hello Dolly bars. Why? No one seems to know. However, a cookie by any other name would taste as sweet.
Love them, because they already love you.
Magical Seven Layer Bars
- 2 tbs melted butter or applesauce
- 20 Oreos, crushed in a food processor or blender
- 1/2 cup Fluff or mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and grease with Pam.
- Combine crushed Oreos with butter or applesauce and press gently into the bottom of the pan.
- Microwave Fluff for 30 seconds or until liquidy and drizzle on top of crust, or sprinkle mini marshmallows all over crust. The Fluff re-hardens quickly, so you may need to pop it back into the microwave again.
- Sprinkle on chopped pecans.
- Microwave peanut butter for 30 seconds or until liquidy and drizzle over the pecans.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and then coconut onto the peanut butter.
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk as the final layer.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until the top has lightly browned. Let cool completely and cut into bars.
- Practice self control.
Conclusions: I loved these. Originally, I made them in a loaf pan and cut the recipe in half to test it, and ended up eating the entire batch (whoops). I’ve only had bona fide seven layer bars once, and I knew I needed to make them myself. These certainly fulfilled my craving.
Remember my Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies from yesterday? Of course you do, they were amaaazing 🙂 I hope you make them and eat them all and they become your best friends. Cookies are magical. They can go anywhere and do anything. … Continue reading